I am delighted to share with you that Dermasurge Clinic will reopen with social distancing measures in place from the 1st of June for urgent appointments.
We have been preparing the clinic to welcome patients and ensure they receive the very best of care with social distancing measures in place. Safety measures have been taken in place to minimise risk as much as possible, and patient contact will be kept to an absolute minimum in line with a medical need. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread by person-to-person contact; and, as a result, social distancing is mandatory.
We take the responsibility of protecting your health very seriously. That is why in accordance to strict infection control procedures and stringent risk assessment guidelines we have taken appropriate social distancing measures to welcome you back safely.
Based on government advice, we have instituted the following measures:
- Our clinic will be deep cleaned, disinfected and sanitised regularly throughout the day and between patients. Door handles and shared surfaces will be cleaned with a powerful hospital-grade disinfectant during the day and after the clinic closes.
- Clinic staff will be wearing face masks and eye protection when dealing with patients.
- Patients and staff attending the clinic will be screened and we will ensure social distancing measures are followed. When you arrive, your temperature will be taken with a radar thermometer. Anyone showing symptoms will not be admitted to the clinic and advised to return home and self-isolate for 14 days as per current UK government guidance. Please DO NOT book a face to face appointment at the clinic if you have:
- A high temperature (>37.5ºC).
- A new persistent cough.
- A loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- If you have travelled or have been in contact with people with symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 patient consent form.
- When you arrive at the clinic:
- Come to your appointment unaccompanied unless absolutely necessary or if the patient is a child or needs assistance.
- Do not bring any unnecessary belongings or groceries with you.
- Leave your jacket and any unnecessary items in a separate secure room.
- Wash your hands with water and soap and use an alcohol hand rub. Any paper towel you have used will be disposed of in the clinical waste bin.
- Instructions will be given to you on how to place a surgical fluid face mask with ear loops on, creating a seal on the bridge of the nose to provide our staff and you with additional protection while in a clinic environment.
- Once you finish your consultation or treatment, you will then be asked to sanitise your hands before you leave.
- If you would prefer to have a telephone/ video consultation, have any COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating because of medical reasons, please get in touch and a virtual consultation can be arranged.
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms following your medical treatment/procedure/surgery, or someone you know, who is close contact, develops symptoms or has a confirmed COVID-19 test, please inform us immediately.
We have made this brief video to explain to you our current patient journey, with social distancing measures in place, at the clinic.
If you would like to arrange an appointment please get in touch. I look forward to seeing you all soon.