One of the most common skin conditions among adults is Hyperpigmentation: areas of dark spots on the skin. Melanin is the substance in the skin responsible for pigmentation, and when in excess, dark deposits can occur on the skin surface in the form of age spots, freckles, and melasma. Heightened melanin production occurs for a variety of reasons; during pregnancy or menopause, hormonal fluctuations can increase melanin production; alternatively, certain medications can attribute to your susceptibility to dark spots. Hyperpigmentation can occur in all skin types, but it is most common in individuals with darker complexions. However, the main cause of hyperpigmentation is sun exposure, which is preventable. Would you. like to know the best Hyperpigmentation Treatment London based?…read on.
Boost Your Self Esteem and Love Your “Naked Face”
Although the condition itself is harmless, the mark it can leave on your self esteem can be significant. The founder of Dermasurge, Dr Hiba Injibar, is passionate about helping her patients feel comfortable in their own authentic faces – or, as she calls it, “naked face”. With hyperpigmentation, it can be difficult to face the world each day without makeup as a mask. It is our goal for every single patient to feel confident in their own Naked Face – that’s why we offer the most advanced treatments to effectively reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation for a smooth, even complexion.
Hyperpigmentation Treatment London Based
1. Prescription Topicals
There are many topical which Dr Hiba can prescribe to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Retinoids like Tretinoin are clinically proven to reduce their appearance by speeding up cell turnover and even interfering with pathways of pigmentation resulting in a more even skin tone.
- Hydroquinone helps limit the skin from creating excess amounts of melanin, resulting in a lightening effect.
- Kojic Acid has the ability to penetrate several layers of skin to reduce melanin production.
- Arbutin is often known as the naturally occurring “sister” to Hydroquinone. Arbutin is a naturally occurring substance found in plants such as cranberries, blueberries, and pears. Arbutin offers a gentler solution to skin lightening and it more suitable for those with sensitive skin.
2. Chemical Peels
For a significant reduction in pigmentation and overall skin renewal, Dr Hiba recommends Chemical Peels. Chemical Peels work by precisely exfoliating the damaged, outer layers of skin to reveal a healthy, even-toned complexion. In removing these damaged layers, chemical peels can greatly reduce the appearance of a variety of skin concerns, including pigmentation. At Dermasurge, we offer the 3-Step ZO Peel, the Dermamelan Peel, and TCA peels.
- The 3-Step ZO Peel utilises a blend of exfoliants, Retinol, and multi-acting agents to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
- The Dermamelan Peel is a facial peel specifically designed to reduce stubborn hormonal-based pigmentation such as melasma. The peel is formulated with Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Titanium Dioxide and Retinyl Palmitate which block the production of melanin for long term results.
- TCA Peels are facial peels which utilise trichloroacetic acid (TCA) to remove damaged skin and stimulate new cell growth. This can strip away darker, sun-damaged patches and stimulate the growth of even-toned skin cells.
3. Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser Skin Treatments with IPL and Q-Switched Lasers are beneficial for a variety of pigmentation concerns. During the procedure, thermal energy is utilised the remove the damaged outer layers of skin, while stimulating its natural repair functions. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Lasers are suitable for treating generalized sun spots and pigmentation. The Q-Switched Laser is suitable for removing freckles and small moles. At Dermasurge, we use the M22 Laser; a multi-application laser machine for the treatment of over 30 skin conditions and hair removal. This machine includes IPL and Q-Switched Lasers to cover all of your pigmentation concerns.
Gain a Smoother Complexion – Contact Dermasurge Today!
You don’t have to suffer from your melasma, age spots, or unwanted freckles any longer. Come to Dermasurge and receive the best Hyperpigmentation Treatment London has to offer. With our advanced treatments and compassionate, patient-centred approach, you can trust Dermasurge to provide you with beautiful results so you can love your “naked face”. Simply contact us today by calling 020 7935 4654, or complete a contact form here.